Translation for 140 languages by ALS
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowline.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail.
Explore. Dream. Discover
.
---Mark Twain

3/25/14

Phone spam (DON'T CALL BACK!)

-
Just got a dubious SMS from number +4178884427-- of Germany?! informing:
Hi its me just arrived in europe Can you call me?
For one thing, my phone didn't sound upon receiving the message. For another, I am not in Europe; thirdly am certainly not entertaining calling to Europe; and, lastly, I don't know this fool! But I do know this is the latest phone scam going around. Such bad people either give a "plausible" short message or dial your number and quickly hang up, prompting most people, with their unlimited talk, text, data plans, to unthinkingly dial back and - BOOM - the unsuspecting person just made an expensive phone call. Think 40mins calling a sex hotline.

It is the second such SMS I have received this wk (from two different numbers). The previous one wondered, Why I left the party so early? Hahaaaaaa! Tricks are for kids, silly rabbit because I wasn't at any party. 

Fortunately I read about this phone trick last month and, so, wasn't the least bit curious to return it. 

Know of anyone who got tripped by this?



#SPAM 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive