Translation for 140 languages by ALS
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowline.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail.
Explore. Dream. Discover
.
---Mark Twain

11/14/13

Even I diet -- for fun

-
About two weeks ago, days shy of Halloween, I decided to shake things up and challenge myself to exercising control over what I eat. Just a test; to see what the physical effects would be (as well as will power) as I always eat anything I please...and I am pleased to eat ice cream, chocolate, french fries, fried chicken, cookies, onion rings, cocktails, wine, hamburgers, etc. 

In addition to avoiding those tasty goodies - including Halloween! - I also avoided cardiovascular exercises (the ones meant for sweating off fat) but still regularly swam for flexibility and breathing control.   


As you can see from the above Before and After snapshots my physique achieved noticeable definition and actually got a little bigger (at least, to me, I appear slimmer in the Day 1 poses). Incidentally, my body weight didn't change significantly - nor was it my aim; just wanted to see if I could make it through 'zero cardio + food restrictions' - but I'm sure that owes to the fact of fat converting into muscle. In the Day 1 pics my small waist shows clearing in the high-cut bathing suit/posing trunks; by Day 14, though, I only had the gym shorts on hand and they cover the waist more.

 Here I am barely flexing. With the smallest of tensing my muscles really pop out. I don't even know what's the name of those round ones to the side of the armpits!

The lighting is harsh, I know, but damn I still
have a lot to smile about. Dieting for fun is, well, fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive