Translation for 140 languages by ALS
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowline.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail.
Explore. Dream. Discover
.
---Mark Twain

7/17/13

Thrifty ice cream in Mexico

-

Now there's Thrifty ice cream in Guadalajara. I saw a sign for it back in May when I rode through Tepic but it was faded and I figured it was an old signage that the store owner never bothered to take down. Guess I was wrong.
In Guadalajara, though, there's this shop smack in Centro on Ave Juarez (see pic) and, at least, one other in the mall, La Gran Plaza. Dairy Queen's Blizzards had some competition for my money while I was in town!

I had my first taste of Thrifty ice cream in Los Angeles where it's sold in Rite-Aid pharmacies. Back then it cost 99cents. Now I believe it's a $1.98. Besides being tasty I like the signature big block shape scoops of Thrifty ice creams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive