Translation for 140 languages by ALS
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowline.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail.
Explore. Dream. Discover
.
---Mark Twain

6/22/13

Blizzards in Guadalajara (Mexico)

-
One of the things I most look forward to if I need ever be in Guadalajara is going to the indoor mall La Gran Plaza where they have a Dairy Queen in the food court. Like so many business icons of Americana, this company's hard times - or complete bust - back home has not meant the end-all death nail. Dairy Queen, along with Blockbuster Videos, Best Buy, Woolworth stores, still supply to a demand abroad (I remember meeting an English girl who thought Woolworth was a British company). I always wolf down a blizzard (or two) -- precisely because they are so hard to find! I allow myself to be a little gluttonous. McDonald's McFlurry and Burger King's BK Storm, both rip-offs of the Blizzard ice cream, just don't cut the mustard.




 the stuff of 
sweet childhood memories 
 testing out my new 
camera's zoom feature
I suddenly have a hunkering 
for a large milk shake

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive