Translation for 140 languages by ALS
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowline.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail.
Explore. Dream. Discover
.
---Mark Twain

5/3/13

City Travel Review: SCAM??

-
When I suddenly received an email from the organization about the opportunity of joining a team in Berlin this summer I was a little, well, weary. The words "team" and "family" used outside of athletics and family, respectively, always give me pause. And any opportunity I have to pay for isn't an opportunity. It's a sales offer. 

But I could be wrong about this travel writing workshop. Then I hunted down the following review in a sea of glowing reviews:
 
Got an email response for their team. From the sounds of it, you pay £900 a month for accommodation and language lessons, then you pay for everything else yourself and work to produce a leaflet for them. Not my thing at all, it seems.

£900? Are you kidding me?! I can take my own lessons and rent an apartment by myself and throw good money away on a fancy schmancy gym membership for a helluva lot less than that. Oh yeah: and I'm doing just fine with my travel writing. IF - if - there is a job placement, then City Travel Review needs to hire me. Hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive