Translation for 140 languages by ALS
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowline.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail.
Explore. Dream. Discover
.
---Mark Twain

6/19/12

No, I asked for a 'special'

-
Being in Scotland has its funny points of which includes the language...or, rather, communicating with Scottish speakers:


At the hostel bar I ordered the bourbon special. Bartender presents me with a single bourbon - Four Roses - and a cup of coffee. "What's this?" I asked. "A bourbon and espresso," he answered. "No," I smiled, "I asked for the bourbon special," pointing at the sign behind the bar. "Bourbon + mixer!"
"Oh!" he said. "Well...guess I'll just drink that," referring to the espresso.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive