Translation for 140 languages by ALS
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowline.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail.
Explore. Dream. Discover
.
---Mark Twain

6/1/12

Exercising up Arthur's Seat

-
Monday was the end of the gloriously hot weather that bathed Edinburgh. And I'm glad I took advantage of it. I awoke with a stirring to walk up Arthur's Seat...a brisk mini hike for a spot of exercise. Some folks were running - health freaks - but that's not my bag. So I packed a small lunch of bacon sandwich, fruit and water and headed on up! 

After reaching the top I was surprised to realize I'd been there before -- only I ascended from the other side of the hill! Yes, Arthur's Seat is plenty vast and big. Satisfied I headed down, found a quiet spot and sat on a rock to lunch whilst reading a section of news magazine. Sweet.

the peak I aimed to reach. and did.
 from the bottom heading up
 
  and these magnificent views from the top!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive