Translation for 140 languages by ALS
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowline.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail.
Explore. Dream. Discover
.
---Mark Twain

8/25/11

Swinging around Muscle Beach (Santa Monica)

-


Weeks ago I stood in the sand at Santa Monica Beach with my right hand in a temporary splint. All I could do was watch as everyone else took turns flying from ring to ring or climbing rope or doing handstands on parallel bars. It sucked. One boy told me he once broke his hand and it took three months to heal. He was waiting in line for the rings...so that was sort of encouraging.


Well yesterday I was back down at Santa Monica (original site of Muscle Beach, which is now located in Venice Beach) and took a turn on the rings. It'd only been a month since but, unlike homeboy, my injury, thankfully, required far less than 12 or so weeks to mend! It was fun. I went the whole length without a problem. And before that I climbed to the top of a rope. I was back! 


Take my word for it: it sucks not being able to play in the reindeer games.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive