Translation for 140 languages by ALS
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowline.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail.
Explore. Dream. Discover
.
---Mark Twain

9/9/10

A weekend of shopping (Berlin)

-
The past weekend turned out to be one of shopping. Didn't plan on it but the stubborn ache in my back got me to thinking, It's gotta be the shoes, because bad footwear does contribute to chronic back pain. So last  Saturday I took my cheap ass to a shoe store in Alexanderplatz and made a point of getting a pair of NAME BRAND kicks -- on sale, of course darlings. Did you know they still make British Knights?! I didn't. Wound up buying a pair of black & gold Adidas (my first pair) because when in Rome....








On Sunday I was supposed to go to Cologne but when that plan fell through I found myself in, of all places, a flea market. Told myself I'd just stroll through. Yeah right. When I left there -- in under an hour, thank ye very little -- I was the new owner of a pair of fine leather gentlemen gloves, an H&M sport coat, a leather billfold, and an electric adapter for my EU machines when I go back across the Pond.


After a light Sunday workout -- abs and weight-free routines -- I strolled back through the flea market but, probably for the best, found no had-to-have items...yet since I was in need of a cell phone (this was two days before I reclaimed my 'handy' from lost & found) I went across the street to the local Media Markt and actually did not buy the cheapest phone on the shelf. Omg, sometimes I frighten me! My new Samsung slides open and includes a camera, camcorder, dictaphone, FM radio, headphones AND receives calls. I also picked up a mouse for my laptop.

And just like with the Adidas I made sure to claim a tax-free receipt of purchase so that when I go through Customs I'll receive a cash refund of the sales taxes. Hello!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive