Translation for 140 languages by ALS
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowline.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail.
Explore. Dream. Discover
.
---Mark Twain

9/8/10

Tried to visit Cologne but I was mitfahrfucked

-
The plan was to visit Cologne for the weekend and all appeared promising: travel was arranged (via mitfahrgelegenheit.de) and so were accommodations (Meiniger Hostels). The Sunday morning was so sunny and happy. I left the apt without haste and arrived to the designated meeting spot on time.

Walked around the area about four goddamn times and still spotted no silver Toyota or anybody waiting around looking for me. In short order I realized I'd been mitfahrgelegenfucked. Bastard! My trip to Cologne was -- poof! -- gone.  Oh well. I might have tried to arrange a later ride but, man, I just wasn't feeling it. I hear everything left Cologne for Berlin anyway.... Maybe I'll give it another shot another time another day. 
 I was mitfahrgelegenfucked
In the meantime I left the "meeting spot" without haste and, after a pleasant detour through a flea market, arrived back home no worse for the wear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive