Translation for 140 languages by ALS
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowline.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail.
Explore. Dream. Discover
.
---Mark Twain

1/4/15

Gifts from the heart

-
My Christmas gift to me
it's personally signed!

& my New Year's gift to me

...because sometimes you just can't wait for others to do nice shit for you.

I admit, I cheated with both. They were carefully packed and set aside but, oh well, I do likes to have my cake and eat it too. Robby Robinson's memoir was supposed to be my New Year's gift but after meeting him in person and touching on a few topics I couldn't hold off on cracking open the cover and reading what he had to share about his trials with Weider et al. as well as experiences in Europe. I paced myself so that The Black Prince still wound up being my first book of 2015.

In regards to the Kentucky bourbon, well my downstair neighbor and her babies expedited that appointment with Jim Beam. If there was ever an elixir the doctor ordered! I can understand why some men turn to the bottle. This was my first time tasting the Black style. I'm partial to the original recipe (white label) but, having already tasted the Honey one, I wanted to try this new double-aged brew. Not bad; honestly, though, under the circumstances, it could've been black&blue for all I cared because - hello! - I needed me an early sip or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive