Translation for 140 languages by ALS
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowline.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail.
Explore. Dream. Discover
.
---Mark Twain

6/11/14

Homemade protein bars


-
True to frugal form, I made my own protein bars yesterday. It was a no-bake recipe - and didn't require a blender either - but, in the end, I popped them in the oven to harden the consistency (plus I like things crunchy!)
I don't have money -- up for grabs
Among the ingredients was pure honey - straight from a honeycomb! - whey protein powder and oatmeal. This was my first time ever buying oatmeal because I don't like the stuff (yuk!); next time methinks I'll use less of it or, better still, granola instead (because it's crunchy!)

I've always loved working out but have never been a fan of fancy gym stuff - expensive memberships, designer clothes/gym bags, supplements, pre-/post-/extreme (or, worse, Xtreme) drinks, "special" waters, steroids and other drugs - for the simple reason the shit strikes me as a stupid money-grab. And I don't have money up for grabs. Hello!

Supplementing is important, especially with protein, but it is not the end all-be all. That would be dedication, proper training and nutrition. I sure as hell am not one for going broke over protein. By making my very own stash of  protein bars I: 

  1. save money 
  2. know exactly what ingredients are inside
  3. create my eccentric favorite flavors
  4. acquire a new skill of resourcefulness
  5. have a sweet & muscle building snack 
 now the hard part: waiting for the batch to cool 

one, two, three...a nutritious treat for my muscles
@TWPTilden

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive