Translation for 140 languages by ALS
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowline.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail.
Explore. Dream. Discover
.
---Mark Twain

3/27/14

I am an artist

-
It was a nice afternoon so I decided to leave my room to write. As I sat down with notebook and pen in hand an Asian fellow, of the Oriental cut, in a nice suit jacket and jeans, walked by and greeted, Hey man, in such a familiar tone that I wondered if we'd met and, of course, said, Hey man, back. I felt obliged to add, Nice seeing you, although I couldn't conclude ever having seen the man before in my life. Then he turned and said, "You're an artist. I can tell by looking at you!" and resumed walking.

How's about that! 

I've been mistaken for a shoplifter, a shifter, a walking cock and a drug peddler but scarce are the eyes that receive me for what I am and striving to become more of. If that ain't encouragement, then just call me obtuse.

When was the last time a perfect stranger startled you with a kind assessment?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive