Translation for 140 languages by ALS
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowline.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail.
Explore. Dream. Discover
.
---Mark Twain

8/27/13

Rude German lady on the bus

-
In my politest German I asked a lady on the bus the cost of regular bus fare?

"Ask the bus driver," she replied. "It's his job, not mine!"
What?!
I ditched the foreign language and pointed out the obvious in English: He's driving and I don't want to distract him; especially as we had just entered a tunnel.
So I stood near the front waiting for the tunnel to end and to have a chance to speak with the driver (I boarded the bus from the side door) but then I realized the next stop would be mine so I thought, Screw it.
Before leaving, though, I turned to the ornery jefa and said, "Y'know what: that's why nobody likes German women. You're mean and sure as hell ain't sexy!
She made a sound that implied, Well I never!
On that we could both agree. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive