Translation for 140 languages by ALS
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowline.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail.
Explore. Dream. Discover
.
---Mark Twain

12/7/11

Found leather jacket in Basel (Switzerland)

-
Last week I went to Basel. Travelled from Munich via a carpool. The ride took four or five hours and was very smooth (a new Mercedes Benz) but can you believe the driver didn't stop for one food break?! So German.... I was thirsty as a mofo.


On my first night in town I found a genuine leather motorcycle jacket -- on the sidewalk. It was just laying there on top of a nice, small coffee table. The things folks throw out in rich countries! (And, yet, America couldn't bring itself to dump W.) Lest the owner - jilted boyfriend/angry roommate/robbed motorcycle guy -suddenly appeared - "Hey! that's mine!" - I took off my winter jacket and put on the leather one underneath. I'd say that was a pretty good night in Basel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive