Translation for 140 languages by ALS
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowline.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail.
Explore. Dream. Discover
.
---Mark Twain

6/7/11

Back on campus

-
I travelled up from Pto. Vallarta, Mexico - with stops and stays in LA and Chicago along the way - to come back to Crawfordsville for my 10th college reunion. Holy cow ten years has gone by already...and I really don't feel it (or, even better, show it)! 




Once I touched down in town I felt right back in my zone...as if I hadn't been gone for more than a week. The campus has some new buildings and new faces but the spirit, the spirit of scholarship and camaraderie and masculinity, is still there in spades; and the breezes that coursed all round me was like inhaling air of my youth; And I'm still young so imagine the stirrings of those Wabash men catching up on their 30th or 50th class reunions!


I went swimming, participated in our beloved Chapel Sing, drank and smoked cigars with classmates (and two recently minted 2011 alumni) on the back porch of Martindale Hall, and generally laughed and had an awesome weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive