Translation for 140 languages by ALS
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowline.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail.
Explore. Dream. Discover
.
---Mark Twain

8/8/10

Went to see the bulls but the bulls were full of it (Barcelona)

-
So nice to be in Barcelona with its sunny Barcelona weather! The day before I arrived it rained all afternoon long in Berlin and my connecting flight in Prague also saw grey clouds and rain; but as soon as we reached Catalonia skies it has been nothing but blue skies onward.

I was anxious to get down to the beach today but that eagerness dampened upon seeing all the other people already crowded on the sand. Like a hard-on zapped at the mere sight of Ellen DeGeneres, my interest in an afternoon at the beach went limp. Oh well maybe mañana.

A McDonald's ice cream cone brightened my mood as I walked back to my room to get ready for an evening at the bullfights. Olé! But it wasn't to be. 


When I get to El Monumental, the last active ring in Barcelona, the people at the gate won't let anyone through without a ticket and all the ticket windows are closed. Time was 7 o'clock and the fights started at 6:30. Why would they close the box offices this early? Seems stupid to me. Even more so when it's a known fact the stadium is never even half full -- and after next month will be zero full owing to the ban on bullfights. There was quite a handful of disappointed tourists. Oh well. That's more money in my pockets.  
I hate spending money; so I need only the slightest provocation to keep it in the pocket

One thing I've learned being black is never to beg anyone to take your money. If the store clerk is too busy or surly to greet me or wait on me, then fine. My money spends just as well at the next business. As it is, I hate spending money; so I need only the slightest provocation to keep it in the pocket. Would've loved to have watched the dying sport in the famed El Monumental but I can think of something else to do with my 75€. You can believe that. Business MUST be good if they can turn it away. Olé! olé! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive