Translation for 140 languages by ALS
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowline.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail.
Explore. Dream. Discover
.
---Mark Twain

7/20/10

A day of buying, buying, buying

-
I hate spending money. And how! But you gotta do what gots to be done when it gots to be done. Money is no good if you don't use it. Just ask that old Indian woman who lost her mattress full of about one million dollars...hahaha. That'll teach her to hold out on her family.

So today I bought another set of hair clippers to replace the one I just bought two weeks ago -- from a nickel & dime chain called Pfennigland (A German version of the dollar store) -- that got busted against the tub yesterday while I was in the process of cutting my hair resulting in 1) a jacked-up head and 2) a chink of enamel being chipped off which meant 3) I had to purchase a tube of enamel repair to white out the black speck.

After dinner and a nap I went out and found a used cellular for 20€ to replace the old one from last year (30€) which I choked and twisted to mechanical smithereens this morning because the damn piece of crap didn't turn on; that's the second time in four days the wake-up alarm slept in! Thank goodness I was already awake this time and didn't miss my appointment. But, nope, no room in my life for crap. Don't need what doesn't work. And I don't like phones anyway.
No room in my life for crap. Don't need what doesn't work
And since I was already in the store, and pleased with my clippers purchase (8€; and made in Germany, not China thank ye very much), I decided to spend a few pennies and try out this anti-sweat spray (because, baby, it's HOT in Berlin!). I think it works like talcum powder but only liquefied...liquid talcum. Smells nice and, at least, won't dust up my shirts.


Man, a bad hair day is a bitch...but now my head is back to its handsome bald self. Mama mia!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive