Translation for 140 languages by ALS
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowline.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail.
Explore. Dream. Discover
.
---Mark Twain

7/20/10

Berolina Backpacker (Berlin - Charlottenburg)

-
Last year I wrote about my stay here (earlier review). This time around the rates were a little higher, but still very cheap, and included a 10€ key deposit. As usual I booked a dorm room and lucked out with my favorite, Room 104! I like it because it is on the first -- technically second --floor and receives Internet connection.


Unfortunately, though, the free Internet provider the hostel uses is a pain in the ass. Oftentimes the system just keeps looping the user back to a stupid homepage instead of where one wants to go, and it constantly needs re-engagement. Arrgh! It was enough to make a brother move into a slightly more pricey and packed hostel over in Kreuzberg just for the peace of mind of using working wi-fi. 

Also, when I went to check-out the receptionist almost didn't refund my key deposit -- because I didn't have my room receipt. Huh?! It's called a key deposit not a receipt deposit. Damn straight I got back my ten euros. The girl was pleasant and professional about it and returned the money "because" she found the hostel's receipt copy but still.... Can you believe that ¡#@%!? Keep me near the cross....

Berolina Backpacker
Stugggarter Platz 17
Charlottenburg, Berlin
10627
+49 (0)30.3270.9072
facsimile: +49 (0)30.3270.9073
info@berolinabackpacker.de
website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive