Translation for 140 languages by ALS
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowline.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail.
Explore. Dream. Discover
.
---Mark Twain

4/19/10

Seahorse cowboy (Vallarta)


-
I took this snapshot on my last night in town last week. Just as I snapped the shot, strolling home along the Malecon after a night of goodbye sex, a bartender friend and I spotted each other near simultaneously. I was supposed to stop by the bar and say Adios but wet sex over a wet martini isn't exactly a conflicting decision to make. Anywho, he hometown friends had just arrived for a visit, I was finally leaving, and so we headed back to his apt for a round of beers and cigars and laughs and pictures. I had a super great last night!

Back to the statue: It's an iconic landmark of Vallarta...probably the second most associated image with the city after the steeple of La Iglesia de Guadalupe (Our Lady of Guadalupe Church). The story of the statue is that of a child cowboy who travels from port to port on his seahorse. Sublime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive