Translation for 140 languages by ALS
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowline.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail.
Explore. Dream. Discover
.
---Mark Twain

4/5/10

JOURNAL: SEPTEMBER 16, 2009

-
Sept 16

   Went to view the David statue yesterday at the Academie. It was truly impressive standing before and beneath the David. It's a thing of marvel. His height, the pose, the muscle is all immensely awesome; and while looking at is so freely I half expected the museum to permit groups of private audiences; but, no, museum-goers could gape or sketch for as long as opening hours permitted. 
   Went to Pisa to see the most famous tower in the world. The inclimate weather...tried to deter me but I'd already bought the train ticket yesterday (5.70€) and six euros is no small nothing.
   Gray clouds gave way to rain by the time we reached Pisa...the city could invest in some street signs but I found it. It was surreal seeing the odd edifice for the first time. It's actually leaning! completely discordant to everything else...upon seeing it I made my way back to the train station. (Am surprised by how well I avoided getting lost down any of the winding streets.)
----
   Starting to feel am spinning my wheels. Will return to Germany and Berlin for the remaining days of the trip...will be able to save and maintain money for the trip back [to America].

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive