Translation for 140 languages by ALS
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowline.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail.
Explore. Dream. Discover
.
---Mark Twain

3/17/10

JOURNAL: AUGUST 6, 2009

-
On this day I had just emailed a grappling friend in NYC, complaining about the futility in finding a non-fetish/homo wrestling club. (Germans get into some kinky shit). My friend must have been at his computer for I received a quick reply offering urgent words of encouragement. No sooner than I finished reading his email my search turned up a credible-looking listing. I promptly sent a text query to the advertised number and was thrilled to get a near immediate reply, telling me to show up that evening. 

I then tried ranting about not having a million euros but, wouldn't ya know it, still nothing has come of it:

 
el jueves, Aug 6

   Found a local wrestling club this afternoon on the Internet! They meet Thursdays and Saturdays so I made a point of showing up tonight. Didn't comprehend a word of the training but got along all right; my conditioning is not so out of shape although my reflexes are. Wished I had located them much sooner, but it's my own fault; wish I had made the point of finding a wrestling club upon arrival. I didn't and so I didn't find them...I must admit that I have not used my time here to the best of my abilities. I offer myself no excuse for this lethargy and procrastination.
   Funny thing that: I just, on a whim, bought a couple of old pictures of wrestling yesterday from a used bookstore.
****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive