Translation for 140 languages by ALS
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowline.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail.
Explore. Dream. Discover
.
---Mark Twain

2/16/10

Homemade vegetable soup

-
I like to cook. I often eat in. I had a limp carrot around so I decided to make a vegetable soup with chicken stock. Big manly chunks of carrot, celery, and tomatoes, slices of yellow onion, dices of baby potatoes and for zesty oomph I added cilantro and bacon left over from the BLT I made for lunch. (I loves me some bacon. Thank you Jesus.) Mm-mmm good!


I reached for the towel paper and as I sat it back the roll tipped over my bowl. I wanted to flip over the kitchen but the antidote was too glaring not to appreciate: no use crying over spilt soup. So I reached for the towel paper again---and then flung the damn thing across the room---fixed myself another bowl and resumed eating my delicious vegetable soup in peace.

no use crying over spilt soup

One of the things I really like about living in Mexico is that I eat so very well when here. Food is so cheap and fresh and plentiful. And I have money left over for Happy Hour(s)-----which are cheap and plentiful, too! Yes, I eat better here than in most other places where I've laid my hat; coupled with lots of walking, sunshine, and cheap gym rates I'm just a healthy so-and-so.


I loooooove my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive