Translation for 140 languages by ALS
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowline.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail.
Explore. Dream. Discover
.
---Mark Twain

1/20/10

Striking a pose for art class

-
Well it was bound to happen: earlier this month I began work as a model for art classes. It's fun. I dig it! Sometimes the classes call for nude modelling   ooh la la - and other times, athletic shorts suffice. The artists, largely older white ladies, all like having me in the center of the room.
Maybe it's my creative poses or ability to maintain a pose or my...smile.

The attendees, mainly student and hobby artists with two or three established professionals among the lot, congregate regularly to sketch the human form.

During last week's morning class I luxuriated in a repose pose -- and feel asleep. The group had twenty minutes to draw and I was, thankfully, brought back to consciousness by the instructor shouting, Cinco minutos mas. Five minutes! (it's a bilingual class). It might have been embarrassing otherwise, no? Hehehe. A break followed - whew! - and I quickly made for the coffee and cake.


At any rate, it's a sweet gig and the groups, adorable. Am looking forward to being the live model for more art sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive