Translation for 140 languages by ALS
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowline.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail.
Explore. Dream. Discover
.
---Mark Twain

8/28/13

Free weights on the curb (STUTTGART)

-
I found free weights on the street -- literally. People in Germany are always setting out perfectly useable stuff on the curb for, ostensibly, trash collection. Of course they know passers-by will kindly 'assist' the City with the trash removal. Such a strong sense of civic duty!
As the saying goes: one man's trash is another man's addition to his home gym. Something like that.


(click here to see my bike & other gym equipment)
The dumbbells are less than 10lbs each but I make good use of them nevertheless. High series and/or high repetitions does the trick. Anyway, resistance - and good form - are the principals to keep in mind. Plus a daily regiment. I've been training at home for the past six months with no immediate gym membership in sight so these babies come in handy. I tried installing a pre-made pull-up bar but it just didn't fit with the old structure (translation: wide) of my apartment door frames. So I took it back and got a refund. And you know this, man! But with a strong adherence to calisthenics and physical activities I don't have to deal with the nagging excuse of not having a local gym. Don't get me wrong: I like working-out in a hardcore gym but 1) there's a dearth of hardcore gyms and 2) whatever...my physique is still tip-top. Hello! 
one man's trash is another man's 
addition to his home gym



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive