Translation for 140 languages by ALS
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowline.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail.
Explore. Dream. Discover
.
---Mark Twain

7/30/13

I eat ice cream because I'm not on a hunger strike (STUTTGART)

-

It took me forever to finally reach Stuttgart. Certainly felt that way. I was a day behind in my thinking. What, today's Tuesday not Monday? Lack of sleep will do that to you.

I just secured an apartment and saw an ice cream truck and thought to myself, Why not? Dammit I've earned this! I was going to buy irrespective of my personal favorites offered but, as it turned out, they were on the menu. Of late I'm inclined towards the blue ice cream which goes by several names but is best marketed as "Smurf". (Like Gargamel I've always been curious to eat those little things.) Instead of a measly cone I went big time and bought a wundertute, which clumsily translates as "wonder bag" (as a bag is a container). Doesn't it just look, well, wonderful!
  wundertute ist wunderbar!
 
In sharp contrast was a hunger strike nearby. How near? Close enough you could hold a spitting contest -- and probably win. According to the banner they're going two days strong. I don't know the agenda of these starving people but I'd make for a mighty poor disciple had my group pitched tent near an ice cream stand (or pancake house/burger stand/pretzel vendor, etc). As I had no pangs of guilt I happily devoured my three scoops of ice cream  (two of "engleblau" and one of cookies) topped with whipped cream under a drizzle of chocolate syrup. And took pictures of them

refugee hunger strike beside ice cream stand
 
 but no one appears to give a damn 

how can you rise when you don't have energy?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive