Translation for 140 languages by ALS
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowline.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail.
Explore. Dream. Discover
.
---Mark Twain

7/14/13

Delayed flight from GDL to LAX

-
Delta flight from Guadalajara was delayed -- by four hours!
This I learn whilst already in the cab en route to the airport. The company called my Mexican mobile to inform about the flight's delay; it just wound up actually being twice the estimated time. I guess it was due to the sudden intense downpour that hit the city minutes after I got into the cab.
Seriously Delta?! I am sure you can afford to spend more than $8usd per customer

As a token, Delta issued a meal voucher to Wings. Great! I was starving like Marvin but didn't want to exchange any more currency. Its value was $100mxp.
Check-in was hassle-free. (Actually, check-in in most terminals outside of the US and UK are hassle-free and, thankfully, TSA-free...Western powers still suffer with that paranoid white superiority chip on their shoulders. Who knew?) Turns out the one-hundred pesos was just that: a token. Not even enough to buy an order of oh, say, wings! Seriously Delta?! I am sure you can afford to spend more than $8usd per customer. I certainly spent far more than that for the plane ticket -- and, maybe, six to eight different tax fees. In case you are wondering, I ordered a soup. Big fukin' whoop.

Once the plane did take off the flying was easy breezy and we landed in LAX well after midnight. The flight was fine, by the way. I think I remember getting a coffee on board. Since it was the wee hours of the next morning - but still hours before check-in time - I 'slept' in the terminal and went to my hostel in the morning proper. Am not one for sleeping whilst sitting up but I probably dozed off for a good twenty minutes throughout the night. Hello Independence Day (from Great Britain)!  

(Still I give Delta big marks for remembering that antiquated ideal of customer service. They phoned to give me an update on the status of the flight - in second-language English - and a token meal voucher and the counter reps were friendly as well as professional.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive