Translation for 140 languages by ALS
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowline.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail.
Explore. Dream. Discover
.
---Mark Twain

4/30/13

United Airlines is not worthwhile

-
On Saturday I flew across country - from LA to NJ - on United/Continental Airlines and, let me tell you, it was a sad joke.

It started off rotten because I was running late. Okay, that was my fault; but -whew! thank ye Jesus! - I made it in the nick of time. Just not in time to check my bag into cargo (for which they charge $25!!) but the Counter assured me I could check it in at the gate. As I am going through the bull pen of TSA with my two carry-on and the to-be-checked bag the latter is halted. I have liquids inside. But not just any liquid. A practically full bottle of single malt whiskey. (It was practically full because I was saving it for my trip to Mexico...one must pack the necessities. No gracias, tequila ain't for me.)

It was futile to argue with the Totally Stupid Anus worker that the said alcohol would be checked into cargo and, thus, not on board. No, sir, he explained, it can't even be at this point. And he confiscated it. I don't remember scotch being suspected of hijacking the planes that supposedly crashed into the Pentagon and brought down the Twin Towers. But what irked me more was the checked-baggage fee I would have to pay -- for no real reason now.
 Imagine! A cross-country flight and the bastards did not serve us a coffee or pop or bag of peanuts! How more goddamn cheap can they get?!
Well! I got to the plane - yes, I was the last one - and plopped down into one of the many empty rows of seats I was walking pass instead of the one assigned me all the way in the crowded back. A plus. Then I casually stored all three bags away. That's right: I didn't get stiffed with the $25 fee. Another plus; so the loss of the scotch was cancelled out. I stretched out on all three seats and tried my best to sleep.

Blankets were provided but absolutely no snack or beverage. Imagine! A cross-country flight and the bastards did not serve us a coffee or pop or bag of peanuts! How more goddamn cheap can they get?! Answer: they wanted passengers to pay for snack packages. I had to ask for a cup of water to take my nighttime pill. The ticket cost close to $200 and United/Continental are to tight to provide complimentary beverages. That's just ridiculous.   

I won't be flying United/Continental anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive