Translation for 140 languages by ALS
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowline.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail.
Explore. Dream. Discover
.
---Mark Twain

3/10/12

A mink for a hat

-

Low on cash – and patience for toting around my ever heavy suitcase (no matter how much I discard along the way the load never seems to lessen) – I decided to sell some of my stylish clothes to retro clothing boutiques. Hated to part with my stuff but…oh well. Getting something for something is some consolation, at least.
…in exchange for my silk bow tie and mink  collar
Didn’t have the success I imagined. What the kind lady was willing to offer essentially amounted to two day’s lunch money. No thank you, ma’am. Then I started browsing around and zeroed in on the selection of men’s hats – a little window shopping never hurt! – and she noticed. “If you like a hat,” she said, “maybe we can make an exchange.” Oh? Well! I am in need of a dress hat and I am here to get rid of some things, I reasoned internally hoping I was maintaining a poker face.

As it happened the only two hats in the shop I liked were my size with one being a tad bit more my style and sitting just a bit more comfortably on my head.  So…I got a new top (German handmade) in exchange for my silk bow tie (Saks Fifth Ave), whose size I regarded a bit too dandyish and never got used to, and mink collar which, believe it or not, I found one night on the street in London.
my new cool ass hat 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive