Translation for 140 languages by ALS
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowline.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail.
Explore. Dream. Discover
.
---Mark Twain

1/2/12

Racist Greek airport security (Athens)

-
So I'm going through the metal detector wearing no metal when the damn thing beeps anyway. This utterly defies the laws of physics and Reality but, then again, racism is far from scientific. Explanation: The pricks pushed the 'detected' button.
Reason: I'm black.


I get the full-body pat down, including two-finger swipe around the inside of my waistband. And although the X-ray machines were being used they did not work either because my carry-on luggage had everything removed from it. The racist Greek even looked through my set of photographs. All done in the name of flight security, of course.


Athens is a dump and the only thing(s) worth any interest are pressed into extra virgin oil or over 3000 years old.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive