Translation for 140 languages by ALS
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowline.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail.
Explore. Dream. Discover
.
---Mark Twain

7/23/10

No match for a friend of a friend

-
So far I've avoided encountering Pearl the landlady. But, then again, I've avoided closing  any apartment deals. It seems that every time I leave from viewing a place, after getting lost trying to find it -- people in Berlin couldn't be bothered to give the most helpful of directions -- a "friend of a friend" "finally" comes along in need of the room. And, of course, this friend of a friend gets the room (translation: I don't) because, hey, what are friends for?

Seems more than a little fishy to me. I don't smoke, have no piercings, am clean-cut.... I don't get it. Beats me. Most of the rentees have been girls so maybe there is something to that. Do they feel threatened by my presence? Oh well. Fuck ém. I don't intend to live out of hostels the whole time I'm here and if I can't land an apartment in Berlin, then that's just all the more reason for me to keep on truckin' baby. Booyah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive