Translation for 140 languages by ALS
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowline.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail.
Explore. Dream. Discover
.
---Mark Twain

5/25/10

JOURNAL: OCTOBER 13, 2009

-

Oct 13
   Am at the airport with hours to spare! My mistake in missing last week's flight was a result of softness. I had a safety net: I had the "extra" money to afford another hotel stay, to say nothing of another flight. Lesson learned. The hard way. I was also wide awake well before the alarm because someone checked into the room in the middle of the night. A while later I re-awoke to her snoring. Jesusfuckingchrist. 
   But am at the airport.
   My four hour layover in Heathrow was not the drag I imagined; far from it. That is the best airport I've been in, and so much changed from my first visit, what, two years ago. Ordered the beef & kidney pudding (with peas and "chips") plus a side of onion rings and ginger beer. Delicious but I did not fancy the taste of kidneys. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive