Translation for 140 languages by ALS
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowline.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail.
Explore. Dream. Discover
.
---Mark Twain

10/9/09

Absent-minded abroad


Since coming to Europe in July I've either lost or discarded (mostly lost):
three pairs of sunglasses (but then I found a pair in an Italian post office which, three weeks later, I realize are Emporio Armani!); four hats; three jackets and hoodies; four pairs of pant; four dress shirts and a sport coat (I am a stylish man); two T-shirts; two pairs of footwear; three scarfs and sarong. And as if that wasn't enough for my grandmother to call me the absent-minded professor I just missed my return flight!!

Holy #%@!moly.

The former items' days were numbered anyway since I'm all about travelling light and would have put my rucksack on a strict diet before flying back to North America. But now the weather's changed back to chilly so...two days ago I bought a skull cap, a pair of jeans and a denim jacket. Hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive