Translation for 140 languages by ALS
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowline.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail.
Explore. Dream. Discover
.
---Mark Twain

1/25/09

Get up & Go Global (GGG)

Get up & Go Global is a one-man job placement agency out of Canada that purports job placements in beach resorts around the world. By employment he means the possibility of a work contract by which one actually gets paid for his labor. By "around the world" he means Mexico. And as far as I can tell there is only one real contact: Club Maeva. (click to read about my horror job story)

For GGG, suckering young, wide-eyed foreigners down to Mexico is the most important goal---because once the youth has flown down---on his own dime---GGG has collected his commission and the young hopeful is on his own...in Mexico--where everything is done in the least simplest way possible.

Operated by Canadian Lee from his home in Toronto, the agency is pisspoor at answering emails or striving to ensure an honest, fun working abroad experience. Crucial information concerning exact payment, pay schedule, working and living conditions, and employee reviews are conveniently not shared or sweetly obfuscated. One learns of the truth quickly, though, upon arrival when, as I've said, he is on his own.

website

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the info. I just sent GGG my resume and headshot, but became wary of sending any more of the photos they requested, because of their unprofessional manner over email... I read your post on Maeva too. It's nice to know my nose can smell a bad deal. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure! Glad my writing was helpful. Club Maeva is easily one of the worst job experiences I've had. Spread the word.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive