Translation for 140 languages by ALS
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowline.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail.
Explore. Dream. Discover
.
---Mark Twain

12/7/07

County Hotel (London)

At £41a night this hotel was a "good deal" according to my ex-friend in London.

Was all right but not that good of a deal. I liked my private room and the hotel reminded me of the snow lodge in The Shining. Maid service is decent but the bar is its best feature. With wood paneling and heavy burgundy wallpaper I could almost hear someone calling, "Aye gov'ner! I'll have another!"

The female Front Desk was cold and terribly short with me. Since these cold cunts were on shift the most I have to give a low mark to customer service. The Porters, too, miss the mark since they failed to put through an international call to my room. Jerks. Breakfast staff, though, were spot-on...unfortunately, the meal was traditional English Breakfast. Btw, it's no typo: the address actually has no numbers in it.

I loved that the bathrooms had bathtubs. It was such a long time since I soaked in a hot bath. Highlight of my stay had to be down in the bar---with whisky---watching the English advance to the Rugby finals. Johnny Wilkinson's the most!

Upper Woburn Place, London WC1H OJW, England

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive